Steve combines hunt seat equitation and natural horsemanship methods to consistently yield profound and lasting results for both horse and rider. Hunter seat equitation is a method steeped in tradition and is currently the standard of excellence in the hunter/jumper world. Natural horsemanship is as old as the relationship between horse and man but has resurfaced in recent years and is considered by many to be the ultimate in creating a strong and lasting relationship with a horse.
Both methods, however different as they may seem, are based on similar concepts, which allow a harmonious partnership without the use of force, intimidation or mechanics to teach the horse and rider to work as one. With these training techniques, Steve has successfully started countless young horses and sold them to national and international riders who have continued their successful careers in the show ring. Steve’s attention to detail and upbeat, positive teaching style brings out the best performance in horse and rider. Students of all levels have benefited from his instruction.
Quality hay and premium Purina grain fed up to three times daily
• 12-by-12-foot stalls with fans, rubber mats, shavings and 12-by-36-foot runs, cleaned twice daily
• Individual tree-shaded turnout daily
• Air-conditioned tack room
• Automatic fly spray system in each stall
• Three arenas (jumping and dressage), manicured daily
• Access to 90,000 acres of Picayune Strand State Park trails
• Four large covered wash racks/grooming stalls with rubber mats and fans
• All farrier and vet scheduling included
• Blanket service during colder months included
Annual board: $1,500
Seasonal Board Available
Lease Options Available
Contact for all other pricing